Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Reflections on Thanksgiving
(specifically my thanksgiving holiday)

Problem: when you go through the line at Grandma's house for Thanksgiving dinner (the plates have just been pulled out of the cubboard) you load up your food... set your plate down on the table to get something to drink and by the time you sit down to eat.. your mashed potatoes are cold!!
Well, Grandma was all over this! This year, we had heated plates... That's right, Grandma placed the stack of plates into the microwave for a few min.s and Problem Solved! It was great, no cold potatoes!

It was great getting to see friends while I was home... It was even better taking their money while I was home! Yes you heard correctly (actually you didn't hear it at all, you read correctly-that is unless of course you're reading aloud--but I digress) I took my friends' money! Eight of us got together and played a round of poker (Texas Hold 'em) and after three hours I had won everyone's money! First time ever that I have won, and it was about time-considering that we play at my house almost everytime we're home from school. (now... mind you, it is only a five dollar buy in to play--but for a poor college student... 8 people at five bucks each can be a nice bonus to take back to school)

Scrabble! I don't even remeber when the last time was that I played Scrabble--but I made up for it over break. Played three rounds with my Grandma, aunt, uncle and great aunt while everyone else slept off the turkey. It was definately educational (I know, I usually try to stear away from these activities especially during breaks) but it was a Blast!! I had so much fun playing Scrabble in fact that I played with mom and dad when we got home!

I'm very thankful for friends and family to spend quality time with!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger NoDak Adam said...

Good ol' poker at e=mc2's house. I've made some money there myself! Who'd you beat up on? Hows the folks?

12/04/2005 11:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home